There are few muscles in your body that are used more than your triceps. Ever time you extend your arms (with any force) you are using your tricep muscles. These muscles, when strengthened, can increase your performance in any number of areas.
The Weighted Bench Dip is an excercise that you can do nearly anywhere. The primary weight used can be just your body. Once you start advancing in strength, weights can be added to increase the amount of force required to perform the exercise.
Exercise Complexity: Beginner
Required Equipment: Chairs or Benches.
- Place one chair or a bench in front of you and one behind you perpendicular to your body.
- Place your feet on one bench and your hands, close to your body (about shoulder width), on the other.
- Your arms should be fully extended
- Slowly lower your body, bending at the elbows until your body is low enough for your elbows to be less than 90 degrees
- Slowly extend your arms till you are back in the upright position, keeping your elbows close to your body throughout the entire movement.
Disclaimer: The exercises contained within are tips and only tips. We are not responsible for injury due to performing this or any other exercise. Please use caution and understand your body’s own limitations.