MapMyRun has just released an update to their popular running application with a few feature enhancements that are a welcome addition to the already plentiful list of features. Here are some of the notable new features in the 16.8.1 update.
What’s New in Version 16.8.1
- This big update steps up your workout experience—from start to finish.
- 3D Touch on iPhone 6s or 6+ lets you start a workout from the app icon.
- Workout Setup makes it easy to adjust settings.
- Custom stats views let you keep key stats front and center.
- Music controls give you more access mid-workout, including to your library.
- Location updates tell you when to reconnect, and when your location’s in use.
- The new Hold to Finish makes it no sweat to end a workout.
SET UP WORKOUTS
We heard you wanted to quickly adjust a run’s settings right before going. The new Workout Setup lets you do just that.
SEE STATS FULL SCREEN
A full screen stats view keeps your key stats front and center. Even configure the stats you need to set custom views.
HAVE MUSIC CONTROL
You now have access to all music controls during a workout. Also quickly get to playlists and your music library.
No more sweaty fingers. With the Hold to Finish button, it’s seamless to end a workout.