There is nothing better than getting your body the fuel it needs to recover from a good working. It is common practice for athletes of all levels to refuel their body with protein and nutrients after working out, and you should too. Protein before and after a workout helps to promote muscle growth and keep things balanced.
While consuming too much protein at one given time, according to some nutritionists, is a waste, many suggest consuming half of your protein before your workout, and the rest afterwards. The OCRAddict Super Smoothie provides plenty of protein, nutrients, and taste to get you going.
- 2 Protein Powder (Chocolate or Vanilla)
- 1 Whole Banana
- 2 Cups Original Silk Almond Milk
- 2 Level Teaspoons Now Healthy Foods Psyllium Husk Powder
- 2 HUGE Teaspoons No Fat Greek Yogurt
- 4-5 Strawberries
- 1 Cup Ice
- 2 Cups Water (to thin it out a bit)
Mix the ingredients into your blender and go to town. When finished, this batch will produce approximately 3 glasses of Super Smoothie.
- Non Training Days: Drink 1 at breakfast, 1 at lunch, and one before bed.
- Training Days: Drink 1 at breakfast, 1 pre-workout, and one post-workout.
If you want to get a little adventurous, you can add some Kale for a Super Boost.
As far as nutritional value goes, each glass of OCRAddict Super Smoothie will provide you with:
2.6 Fat (g)
73 Saturated Fat (g)
254 Sodium (mg)
563 Potassium (mg)
47 Total Carbohydrate (g)
31 Sugars (g)
31 Protein (g)